ESRD Data Systems
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) established the End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Initiative Program (QIP) as part of its ongoing efforts to improve the quality of dialysis care provided to ESRD patients. This initiative supports quality improvement efforts among providers and makes available quality information that will enable patients to participate in making health care decisions.
Data for Quality Incentive Program (QIP) is reported in CROWNWeb, NHSN and ESRD CLAIMS. Data from these systems is used to create reports for Quality Incentive Program - Performance Score Reports and Certificates, Dialysis Facility Reports in DialysisData.org and Dialysis Facility Compare reports under Dialysis Facility Compare.
CMS ESRD Data Systems Overview
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN)
- Dialysis Data
- Quality Incentive Program (QIP)
- In Center Hemodialysis Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (ICH CAHPS)
The IPRO ESRD Data Department provides technical assistance using a customer support system. This is one place for your data submission needs for various systems such as CROWNWeb, NHSN, Dialysis data or Quality Incentive program. In order to meet the needs of our facilities, the new system will provide support:
- Email: To reach the Network Data Support Team by email, send requests for assistance to: NW2Help@iproesrdnetwork.freshdesk.com . The help can be a return email providing information about the data submission from our knowledge base or a phone call from the staff.
- Support Portal: By registering for the IPRO ESRD Network Support Portal, you will be able to quickly and easily submit questions and requests for assistance directly to the Network Data Support staff. You can register for the portal by going to: http://help.esrd.ipro.org and selecting “Sign Up”.
- Knowledge Base: The Network Data Team has documented answers to a multitude of “Frequently Asked Questions” and have posted them to the Knowledge Base on the Support Portal. You can browse the different knowledge items, and if you still need help, you can register for the portal and submit a ticket for help. The Knowledge Base can also be located at: http://help.esrd.ipro.org.
NOTE: When submitting a request to the Network, you should NEVER include any patient-specific information such as Name, Date of Birth, Social Security Number, Medicare Claim Number, etc. The only patient identifier that can safely be communicated is the Unique Patient Identifier (UPI) from CROWNWeb.
PII/PHI and HIPAA
Please be advised that email correspondence to the Network IS NOT SECURE and does not meet the guidelines established by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) for transmission of patient identifying information (PII) or protected health information (PHI).
For more information about PII/PHI and HIPAA guidelines, please click here.