Conditions for Coverage (CfC) & Regulations
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released a final rule that modernized the Medicare Conditions for Coverage (CFC) for the nation’s dialysis centers and promote higher quality of care for patients receiving dialysis. Dialysis facilities must meet CFC to be certified under the Medicare program.
The regulation reflects important clinical and scientific advances in dialysis technology and standards of care practices. The regulation also updated the requirements first published in 1976.
- Conditions for Coverage (CFC): Please note the complete document is 625 pages in length; the actual rule begins on page 557.
- ESRD Program Interpretive Guidelines
- ESRD Conditions for Coverage FAQs
- Measures Assessment Tool (MAT): 2-page summary of the standards used in assessing compliance with regulatory requirements formatted in 5 columns to include the referenced V tag, the measure, the expected value(s), reference for the value(s), and where the surveyor should find the information during a survey MAT is included in "Surveyor Laminates" on the CMS Dialysis Quality and Safety Webpage.
- NANT Offers Study Package for Dialysis Technicians
- Survey & Certification – Dialysis (Core Survey Documents)